This week, we’ll look at how Radical Forgiveness tools might facilitate national healing. The worksheet below, which concerns the now infamous predatory pedophile Jimmy Savile, will probably be of more immediate interest to our English subscribers at this time, but hopefully to others too in a more general way assuming, that is, they have read last week’s post. It won’t make much sense otherwise, so review that first before going on.
If you are not familiar with the Radical Forgiveness technology, this worksheet might seem strange and the way that I have filled it in, somewhat outrageous. You can find more information if you look under Strategies on my website, www.colintipping.com, but the one thing you need to know about it is that it is a fake-it-‘til-you-make-it process and that belief is not required. Just the willingness to go through the process is enough to make it work because it resonates not to the mind but with the part of you that is connected to the spiritual realm and knows the truth. That is your spiritual intelligence.
If you want to see if it works for you and you have a forgiveness issue to work through, try the free Radical Forgiveness Course at www.radical-living.com. You might be very surprised. In the meantime, check this one out.
The Radical Forgiveness Worksheet
An Instrument for the TRUE Transformation of a Grievance
Date:__10/23/12______ Worksheet # _25______Subject: (X)Whomever you are upset with: JIMMY SAVILE
Tip: To fully anchor the transformation, speak everything written here, and what you write, out loud.
1. The situation around which I have an upset is, or was……… (Tell the story totally from your victim standpoint – i.e. old paradigm. Use additional paper if necessary.) Jimmy Savile has for forty years or more has used his position as a nationally revered icon and radio and TV personality and host of many shows aimed at the young, to sexually abuse over 200 young girls. He is a disgusting individual and he should be stripped of his knighthood and OBE.
2a) CONFRONTING X: I am upset with you, _Jimmy Savile__ because: You used your power and position to force vulnerable young girls and even some young boys to engage in disgusting sexual activity with you with absolutely no regard for their humananity. You made yourself out to be such a ‘nice’ guy doing such wonderful charity work but all the time you were conniving to pick out one or more of the girls at the school you were supposed to be helping, or one of the 13 year old girls at the Top of the Pops studio to have sex with you. You forced them to give you blow jobs knowing that they hated it but were so scared of you that they had to do it. You knew they would be too frightened to tell anyone and you let them know they would be punished. You regularly had sex with young teenagers in your touring caravan and tossed them away like bits of old cloth. You are disgusting and it’s a pity you are no longer alive to face the music. We would strip you of your knighthood and force you to eat shit.
2b) Because of what you did (are doing), I FEEL: (Identify your real emotions.) Angry, disgusted, sad for the girls, resentful that you had forty years of the good life with your Rolls Royce cars and the luxury you don’t deserve.
ACKNOWLEDGING MY OWN HUMANNESS
3. I lovingly recognize and accept my feelings, and judge them no more. I am entitled to my feelings: WILLING
4. I own my feelings. No one can make me feel anything. My feelings are a reflection of how I see the situation. WILLING
5. My discomfort was my signal that I was withholding love from myself and __Savile_____ by judging, holding expectations, wanting ____ Savile _____ to change and seeing __ Savile ___as less than perfect. (List the judgments, expectations and behaviors that indicate that you were wanting him/her/them to change.) I see him to be without any conscience and I expected him to treat all the teenagers who revered him with respect and kindness. My expectation was he should not give rein to his sexual desires to have sex with under-age children and to behave with decorum and regard for other people’s feelings. I see him as less than perfect as a human being and find him totally objectionable.
(Note: Look to see how many of these judgments and expectations you are making about yourself.) Ummm! Do I sometimes give rein to my emotions and treat people less than kindly? I am prepared to look at that.
NOW COLLAPSING THE STORY
6. I now realize that in order to feel the experience more deeply, my soul has encouraged me to create a BIGGER story out of the event or situation than it actually seemed to warrant, considering just the facts. This purpose having been served, I can now release the energy surrounding my story by separating the facts from the interpretations I have made up about it. (List the main interpretations and circle the level of emotion and attachment you have around each interpretation NOW.) INTERPRETATIONS I MADE UP ABOUT THE ABOVE EVENTIt is true that hundreds of children have been wounded by this horrible man, but I am magnifying the entire story by observing how the crime has now become a terrific embarrassment to the BBC which is an institution I have always admired and identified with so this affects me personally and deeply. It has destroyed my trust in the BBC. I can no longer trust any institution.
LEVEL OF EMOTION NOW
My feelings about this are still very strong.
7. CORE-NEGATIVE BELIEFS I EITHER MADE UP FROM MY STORY OR WHICH DROVE THE STORY (Check those that apply)
I will never be enough. It is not safe to be me. I am always last or left out. People always abandon me. It is not safe to speak out. I should have been a boy/girl. No matter how hard I try, it’s never enough. Life’s not fair. It is not good to be powerful/successful/rich/outgoing. I am unworthy. I don’t deserve. I must obey or suffer. Others are more important than me. I am alone. No one will love me. I am unlovable. No one is there for me.
Other _I can’t trust people, especially celebrities and people in positions of power._
NOW OPENING TO A REFRAME
8. I now realize that my soul encouraged me to form these beliefs in order to magnify my sense of separation so I could feel it more deeply for my spiritual growth. As I now begin to remember the truth of who I am, I give myself permission to let them go, and I now send love and gratitude to myself and __Savile___ for creating this growth experience.
NOTICING A PATTERN AND SEEING THE PERFECTION IN IT
9. I recognize that my Spiritual Intelligence has created stories in the past that are similar in circumstance and feeling to this one in order to magnify the emotional experience of separation that my soul wanted. I am seeing this as evidence that, even though I don’t know why or how, my soul has created this particular situation, too, in order that I learn and grow. (List similar stories and feeling experiences (as in 2b) and note the common elements in them.) Several pedophilia cases have occurred in America which are very similar to the Jimmy Savile case, such as the case of Jerry Sandusky, the football coach at Penn State University. He was a powerful and trusted person and was protected by the revered head coach who also did not challenge him and chose to ignore the crime for the sake of the institution.
10. I now realize that I get upset only when someone resonates in me those parts of me I have disowned, denied, repressed and then projected onto them. I see now the truth in the adage, “If You Spot It, You’ve Got It!” It’s me in the mirror! WILLING
11. (X)__ Savile __ is reflecting what I need to love and accept in myself. Thank you _ Savile _ for this gift.
I am now willing to take back the projection and own it as a part of my shadow. I love and accept this part of me. WILLING
12. Even though I may not understand it all, I now realize that you and I have both been receiving exactly what we each had subconsciously chosen and were doing a dance with and for each other to bring us to a state of awakened consciousness. WILLING.
13. I now realize that nothing you, _ Savile _, have done is either right or wrong. I am able now to release the need to blame you or anyone else. I release the need to be right about this, and I am WILLING to see the perfection in the situation just the way it is. WILLING
14. I am willing to see that, for whatever reason, my mission or ‘soul contract’ included having experiences like this and that you and I may have agreed to do this dance with and for each other in this lifetime. If it is for the highest good for both of us, I now release you and myself from that contract. WILLING
15. I release from my consciousness all feelings of (as in Box # 2b): disgusted, sad for the girls, resentful
THE REFRAME STATEMENT
16. The story in Box #1 was your Victim Story, based in the old paradigm of reality (victim consciousness). Now attempt a different perception of the same event (a reframe), from your new empowered position, based on the insights you have experienced as you have proceeded through this worksheet. (It may simply be a general statement indicating that you just know everything is perfect, or a statement that includes things specific to your situation if, that is, you can actually see what the perfection is. Often you cannot. Be careful not to do a reframe that is based in ‘world of humanity’ terms. Note any positive shift in feeling tone.)
I now realize . . that it is possible that at the spiritual level my own soul and the collective soul of humanity made a ‘soul contract’ with you to commit these sexual crimes against children in order to help bring this shadow material to the surface for healing and to mirror humanity’s unwillingness to look at how it devalues the female of the species and treats women as property to be used and exploited. This split between male and female has been one very big way for us all to experience separation but you have been willing to demonstrate the worst aspect of it so we can now say enough is enough and that it is now time to heal it. I am now willing to accept that your soul took on this assignment out of love for all humanity. Because of you, thousands of sexual abuse victims are dropping their fears and are coming forward, and people are now listening. The children, too, must have volunteered, at the soul level, to do this dance with you in order to help humanity wake up and realize we are all One. You and they have therefore been a blessing in our lives and I now realize that, from a spiritual perspective at least, you did nothing wrong and there is nothing to forgive. [This does not mean that I condone your behavior at the human level but I know and realize that beneath the apparent situation there is always a reason for everything that happens and that healing always occurs when we become open to that possibility, even if we have no idea what the reason might be. The truth is that the hand of God is in every situation and the more we can surrender to that truth the nearer we will come to the time when such crimes as Jimmy Savile commited at the human level will not need to happen because we will be awake and fully mindful of our oneness.]
17. I completely forgive myself, __Colin_____ and accept myself as a loving, generous and creative being. I release all need to hold onto emotions and ideas of lack and limitation connected to the past. I withdraw my energy from the past and release all barriers against the love and abundance that I know I have in this moment. I create my life and I am empowered to be myself again, to unconditionally love and support myself, just the way I am, in all my power and magnificence.
18. I now SURRENDER to the Higher Power I think of as __Universal Intellingence___and trust in the knowledge that this situation will continue to unfold perfectly and in accordance with Divine guidance and spiritual law. I acknowledge my Oneness and feel myself totally reconnected with my Source. I am restored to my true nature, which is LOVE, and I now restore love to (X) __, Savile___ . I close my eyes in order to feel the LOVE that flows in my life and to feel the joy that comes when the love is felt and expressed.
19. A Note of Appreciation and Gratitude to You (X) __, Savile ___ . Having done this worksheet, I………now realize that you did not do this to us, but for us . . . .
I completely forgive you, ___, Savile __ , for I now realize that you did nothing wrong and everything is in Divine order. I bless you for being willing to play a part in my awakening — thank you — and honor myself for being willing to play a part in your awakening. I acknowledge and accept you just the way you are.
20. A Note To Myself: I appreciate myself for being willing to let go of my belief in evil and my blindness to the spiritual reality that exists below the level of the apparent reality of this world and to see the ‘perfection’ in what Jimmy Savile did.
I recognize that I am a spiritual being having a spiritual experience in a human body, and I love and support myself in every aspect of my humanness.
© 2007 Colin Tipping: Not for re-publication but please photocopy and share with others. To download copies go to