What is happening in Egypt right now, not to mention the violence going on in Syria, Iraq and Northern Ireland, to name just a few examples of religion-inspired violence is extremely distressing and brings up feelings of helplessness and despair in those of us watching from the sidelines.
What can we do to help? Well, this is precisely the time to reach for the Radical Transformation Worksheet so we can begin to shift the energy around all these terrible events. It is a simple worksheet, but it can have an enormous effect at the spiritual level. You can download the actual worksheet from http://www.colintipping.com/free-stuff-2/, but here are the steps it asks you to make:
1. Describe the situation as you see it.
2. Describe the feelings you have about it.
3. Describe your immediate ‘must do something,’ knee-jerk reactions you have around it.
4. Say how you would solve the underlying problem if you had infinite power to change things.
5. In spite of my initial feelings of _____ and my initial knee-jerk reactions, the actions I can take that might make a practical difference is to. . .(E.g. Join the peace vigil – see below.)
6. However, what I know I can do, in addition to the above-even if that is nothing – that will make a big difference energetically, is to read out loud the Radical Forgiveness Invocation plus the proclamations that follow.
THE RADICAL FORGIVENESS INVOCATION
“May we all stand firm in the knowledge and comfort that all things are now, have always been and forever will be in divine order, unfolding according to a divine plan. And may we surrender to this truth whether we understand it or not. May we also ask for support in consciousness in feeling our connection with the divine part of us, with everyone and everything, so we can truly say and feel, WE ARE ONE.”
7. Having read the above RF Invocation, I now realize that what is occurring ‘out there’ is perfect just the way it is and is all part of the divine plan.
8. In being willing to see it this way, I am opening myself and others to awaken to the truth, and that by holding the vision of a ‘healed world,’ I am making a huge contribution to facilitating a shift in consciousness where such situations as in (1) above, will have no further need to occur.
9. I hereby declare that I am willing to hold this higher vibration and to resist all temptation in the future to react to events with fear and despondency. Whenever I feel myself slipping back into fear I am taking six deep breaths in order to bring myself back to my center and maintain my vibration.
10. I realize now, too, that what is happening ‘out there,’ is a reflection of something that needs, or needed to, be healed in me. What it may be mirroring for me is – or was. . . . . .
11. In forgiving the situation in (1), I have automatically forgiven myself. I am grateful for the healing.
12. I am now centered and have released the need to continue feeling what I was feeling in (2) above, and I CHOOSE PEACE.
Signed ________________________ Date ______________
Joining others to create a powerful group energy is also something we can all do, as well as the Radical Transformation Worksheet. My good friend James Twyman, (The Peace Troubadour) always goes to wherever there is war or unrest in the world to help heal the underlying causes. He has gone to the Middle East this time, with others, to hold a peace vigil and is asking that we all join him in praying for peace in Egypt at noon (Eastern Standard Time, U.S.) on Sunday August 18th. (5 p.m. in UK)
He asks that we stop whatever we are doing at that time to send a blast of “quantum prayer” from all over the world in order to create the critical mass needed to heal the situation. (I would also suggest you do the Radical Transformation Worksheet just prior to joining in the prayer vigil.) Jimmy asks that we focus on the following prayer during the vigil:
The Quantum Prayer of St. Francis
I AM an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred I AM Love;
Where there is injury I AM Pardon;
Where there is doubt I AM Faith;
Where there is despair I AM Hope;
Where there is darkness I AM Light;
Where there is sadness I AM Joy.
I seek to console rather than be consoled.
I seek to understand rather than be understood.
I seek to Love rather than be loved.
For it is in giving that we receive,
In pardoning that we are pardoned,
and in dying to our own limitations that we live.
I AM an instrument of your peace.
If you want to find out more about this go to his website: www.jamestwyman.com
Peace will prevail on Earth when we all give up fighting over our religious beliefs and simply expand into Love.